Receive all the latest updates in financial planning from the expert team at National Financial Advisors.
Protecting your biggest asset – You!
If you’re in the top 95% of Australians, chances are you are not in a position that allows you to sustain you and your family’s lifestyle if something were to happen to you. One common reason amongst us is the belief that were invincible.
Let’s be realistic for a moment, we all know that’s not true, whether we choose to believe it or not.
IF we have a look at some of the statistics, they tell us some of the following:
- More than one third of Australian deaths are due to heart disease.
- More than 25% of the population will suffer cancer in their lifetime.
- One in five men and one is seven women will suffer a critical illness before the age of 64.
- Most of the 88% of stroke survivors live at home with a disability.
- Someone in Australia suffers a stroke roughly once every ten minutes.
- You may be able to pay for your personal insurances through superannuation?
- If you’re earning an income, Income Protection premiums may be tax deductible?
- Holding multiple policies with one provider may give you discounts?
- With every change in your circumstances, whether it be buying a house, getting married, having kids or a pay rise, your insurance needs may change?
- The right advice may let you know what your required insured amount can be?
- You can select the amount you wish to be insured for?
- There is fierce competition in the personal insurance space meaning more competitive premiums for you?
- The hard work is taken out of the application and selection process for you with the right advice?
There’s a bit of doom and gloom surrounding those numbers but it emphasises our need to protect our biggest money maker – Ourselves. Just imagine, what would happen to our family home, our debt, our children, our lifestyle if we suddenly became ill and couldn’t work?, or even worse … died?
Whilst we can’t change these events from happening, what we can effect, is the outcome these events may have on our financial future. I wouldn’t wish an illness on myself or anyone else but I can tell you for sure, I’d rather be in a position where I don’t have to worry about money, and focus on getting better, rather than having to worry about my health, family and finances.
I know what you might be thinking by now – its too time consuming and costly. Well… it doesn’t have to be.
Did you know:
If you’d like to know more about personal insurance or whether its right for you, call National Financial Advisors for an obligation free appointment.
National Financial Advisors is a Corporate Authorised representative and Credit Authorised Representative of Securitor Financial Group limited ABN 48 009 189 495,AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 24068.
This information is of a general nature only and has been provided without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this, you should consider whether the information is appropriate in light of your particular objectives, financial situation and needs.
AIHW (2011) Cardiovascular disease: Australian facts 2011, Cardiovascular disease series no. 35, Cat. no. CVD 53, Canberra
AIHW (2008) Cancer in Australia: an overview 2008, Cancer series no. 46, Cat. no. CAN 42, Canberra
Rice Warner Report on Underinsurance in Australia 2011
National Stroke Foundation (2012) Facts, Figures and Statistics http://www.strokefoundation.com.au/blog/?tag=stroke-facts
Stroke Foundation (2011) Facts, Figures and Statistics, www.strokefoundation.com.au/blog/?tag=stroke-facts,